The Hellenic Diaspora worldwide supports the Government of Greece in its effort to protect Greece from Turkish aggression.
Turkey’s recent actions have not only infringed upon Greece’s territorial integrity but also have hurt our national, religious, and cultural sentiments. These aggressive behaviors have brought Greece to the brink of a dangerous military conflict which may precipitate at any moment.
The Hellenes of the World Diaspora stand in solidarity with our brothers and sisters in Greece as well as the Government of Greece during these troubled times. Just as we faced the ravages of a global pandemic, so shall we face the threat posed by our aggressive neighbor and save lives.
In God we trust, and as one people, we will overcome the adversary.
A day after the 20th of July (the day Turkey invaded Cyprus in 1974), the Turkish regime elected to provoke Greece and the Western World. By its reckless actions and disregard of International Laws, Turkey has put the regional peace and stability in grave jeopardy.
Turkey’s internal political gamesmanship and the thirst to remain in power is forcing conflicts with its neighboring countries like Greece, Cyprus, Iraq, Syria, Israel, Egypt, and Libya. When will this end?
- The President of the United States Donald J Trump
- The President of the European Council Charles Michel
- The President of the European Commission Ursula von der Leyen
- The President of the European Parliament David Sassoli
- The Secretary-General of NATO Jens Stoltenberg
- All the Presidents or Prime Ministers of the European Union including Angela Merkel & Emmanuel Macron
- The Prime Minister of the United Kingdom Boris Johnson
- The President of Egypt Abdel Fattah Al-Sisi
- The Prime Minister of Israel Benjamin Netanyahu
July 21, 2020
On July 21st, 2020, Turkey submitted a NAVTEX to perform seismic tests to identify natural gas reservoirs in Greek waters.
Greece, the cradle of democracy and Western civilization, a member of the European Union, a long-time partner of US interests in Southeast Europe, a NATO member, is bullied by neighboring Turkey who is violating international treaties and is threatening regional stability by:
- Threatening war and occupation of up to 50 Aegean islands if not allowed to drill for natural gas in Greek waters
- Occupying illegally by military force the Northern part of Cyprus for 46 years
- Converting Hagia Sophia, the symbol of Christianity, and a UNESCO World Heritage Site into a mosque!
- Fostering illegal immigrant flow into Greece and Europe
- Supporting extremist Islamist movements in Greece and Europe
- Trespassing Greek aerospace daily and causing multiple costly military plane dogfights
If Turkey does not stop pressuring Greece and Cyprus militarily and economically, economic and military sanctions must be implemented against Turkey.
By signing this petition, you are demanding that the authorities above call immediately upon Turkey to end its illegal actions that violate the sovereign rights of Greece and Cyprus and undermine peace and security in the region.
The only way to stability in the Eastern Mediterranean region is to respect International Laws.